5 Western Avenue
5 Western Avenue was built in 1933 in the Moderne style, and served as the Cambridge Police Headquarters until 2008. BCA worked with Finegold Alexander Architects to restore the exterior as part of an adaptive reuse of the building to house the Cambridge Housing Authority and a community center. BCA provided drawings and specifications, and monitored repairs during construction. 5 Western Ave was awarded a Cambridge Historical Commission Preservation Award in 2014.
Materials: Brick, Stone
Related services: Conditions Surveys, Monitoring, Specifications, Working Drawings