Filene's Burnham Building designed by Daniel H. Burnham and completed in 1912 as the flagship store for William Filene and Sons' regional retail empire. BCA provided a building survey, treatment recommendations, and construction documents for the original plan of restoration in 2008. When the project was put on hold, BCA provided guidelines for the appropriate protection and stabilization of the historic building façade. For the final development, BCA provided additional historic research, revised construction documents, and project monitoring, working closely with the Boston Landmarks Commission during each phase of the project.
Materials: Metal, Stone, Terra Cotta
Related services: Conditions Surveys, Landmarks, Monitoring, Working Drawings