New York, New York
The Fuller Building is a 50 story Art Deco masterpiece designed by Walker and Gillette and constructed in 1929. BCA performed paint analyses, coupled with archival research, to confirm the original black and "gold" colored motif, which had been obscured by many layers of black paint layers. The restoration of the exterior polychrome design was accomplished using modern metallic paints that matched the existing bronze powder used in the original paint, and incorporated a protective clear coating.
Materials: Finishes, Metal, Stone
Related services: Conditions Surveys, Monitoring, Field Testing, Finishes Analysis, Lab Testing, Research