30th Street Station
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Year Built: 1929-1933
Original Architect: Graham, Anderson, Probst & White
Philadelphia’s 30th Street Station was designed by the Chicago architectural firm of Graham, Anderson, Probst, and White, successor to D.H. Burnham & Company, and was constructed by the Pennsylvania Railroad between 1927 and 1933. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978, 30th Street Station is notable for its streamlined Neoclassical design and Art Deco interior.
BCA provided a range of historic preservation services to help guide the making of a Master Plan in short- and long-term planning efforts including a State of Good Repair Assessment (SOGR), revisions to Master Plan drafts, and the creation of historic preservation guidelines. BCA also served as the preservation consultant for the 30th Street Station West Underground Concourse Conceptual Planning project. BCA’s involvement in the project helped ensure that the concourse was designed in a manner that has minimal impact on the station’s historic fabric.