The R.C. Williams Warehouse, designed by Cass Gilbert and constructed in 1928, is located within the New York City West Chelsea Historic District and is a NYC Landmark. It is also individually listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The project involved the adaptive re-use of this building from a warehouse to a world-class educational facility for Avenues: The World School, an international private school opened in the fall of 2012. BCA was the historic preservation consultant for the NYC Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) approval and the exterior restoration design. BCA performed archival research on the architectural history of the building; successfully spearheaded the LPC review process, which included approval to replace all of the building’s original windows; and created restoration construction documents.