Faneuil Hall Market place was built in 1742, commissioned by Peter Faneuil, a wealthy merchant, to accommodate Boston’s growing buying power. The market sold fish, meat, and produce and was the site of speeches given by Samuel Adams and James Otis. The Marketplace was expanded in 1806 by, famed architect, Charles Bullfinch in the Greek Revival style and was later merged with neighboring markets. Faneuil Hall was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1960 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as well as being a Boston Landmark.
BCA evaluated all windows to determine restoration scope. The windows requiring full shop restoration were identified and exterior doors were evaluated to assess structure and hardware function. The projecting brownstone band courses were evaluated and areas of loss requiring dutchmen repairs were identified. During restoration project, BCA provided general oversight to ensure restoration standards were met.