The Pilgrim Hall Museum, operated by the Pilgrim Society, is the oldest public museum in the United States. The Museum, designed by Alexander Parris, was opened in 1824 and is made mostly of Quincy Granite. Since its opening, the museum as survived many changes, including the addition of the Steinway Library in 1904. The library addition interior includes a Guastavino tile ceiling, a carved limestone fireplace, and a terrazzo floor with a mosaic tile border.
BCA's work included initial assessments and treatment recommendations, historic paint study and color matching, cleaning tests, construction documents and construction monitoring. Historic building materials included Guastavino tile, terrazzo and mosaic tile, plaster and metal windows. BCA also assisted in preparing a successful MPPF grant application to help fund the work.